Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bringing back the classics

Thank you InStyle. Get the Aug2010 issue for all the trends!
I realize we're in the middle of summer, but in the retail world it's all about fall. Since I read at least a dozen mags a month it's inevitable that I stumble across a few items I'd love to own, and as I perused the latest trends in InStyle I was smitten with #6 - Mismatch Your Prints. They show a gorgeous Etro pencil skirt paired with the a sweet and sexy polka dot blouse from L.L. Bean.

You can guess what happened next ... My search for the perfect fall blouse started. Unfortunately I didn't have any luck on the L.L. Bean site, but like a little gift from the US Postal Service I received the L.L. Bean Signature Catalog in my mail! Known for their unbelievable quality, duck boots, and canvas totes, now they're adding a line of classic clothing and accessories that are surprising beautiful and sensibly priced. A few of my favorites for right now and into the fall:
Check it out and let me know what you think! With some sassy styling and forward thinking they may just give J. Crew a run for their money...

Cheers!
t

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have never guessed that LL Bean had some great items for the fall. I get a catalog in the mail every so often, addressed to the previous homeowner of course, but I have never glanced. This time around I think I might.