Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A better complexion in 2009

Happy New Year! I have not doubt that 2009 is going to be a beautiful year indeed, but my complexion doesn't seem to agree. I suppose the holiday rush and merriment, mixed with bitterly cold temps is starting to take its toll. To remedy the situation I've turned to a mix of posh and purse-friendly beauty finds. 

The posh list:
Clairsonic Skin Brush - SoniCare has taken their deep-cleaning expertise from dental care to skin care. The Clairsonic Brush works with your cleanser to give your skin a deep cleaning with each use. It's even shown to help with Rosacea - LOVE THAT! 

Zeno - I guess the Zeno could be considered semi-posh since it's now available at drug stores and the derms office. Regardless, it works wonders to banish blemishes before they become too bothersome. It's not for all acne, but it does work wonders on the "under-grounders" that seem to pop up suddenly and hurt like hell. The Zeno tip was developed with technology from NASA to apply a perfectly calibrated 2-minute heat treatment to blemishes. Bottom line - it works!!! And I won't travel anywhere without my Zeno in tow.

The purse-friendly list:
Cetaphil - You cannot beat this inexpensive, soap-free cleanser. It's available at the drug store, grocery store, even Target. Dermatologists have recommended it for years, and it seems to be the one cleanser I always go back to. I opt for the gentle formula that can be rinsed clean with water or simply tissued off the skin for those extra-dry days.

Aquaphor - Made by Eucerin, Aquaphor is a bit greasy when first applied but does wonders to keep skin moisturized and protected. In the winter months it's the first thing I turn to for moisturizing my lips and fighting dry skin on my hands and feet. 

Happy day,
t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try out Light Therapy! There is a new technology called Facial Secret that is a unit you can buy for home use. It helps with aging, acne, sun damage, scars and other skin imperfections. It is noninvasive and only takes 5-10 minutes a day. http://www.facialsecret.com