Monday, June 9, 2008

Father's Day Fun in the Sun!

Happy Father's Day to all you amazing dads out there! Thank you for being our super heros, teachers, coaches, and faithful protectors from things that go bump in the night. Life wouldn't be the same without you. Hopefully in honor of your big day you were able to kick back a bit and enjoy. You certainly deserve it. 

For me, Father's Day signals the official start of summer. Not only do I get to hang with some of the coolest dads ever (missed you this year Buzzy), but it's also the first time the fam gets to enjoy boating, sunning, and all the warm-weather festivities we love. With that fun in the sun also comes the seasonal shock of squeezing into swim wear and exposing my seriously pale skin to the sun, which leads to my next must-have.

tipsy must-have #2 - sunscreen!

I want to clarify something from my last post too. Just because I was insanely excited about my FitFlops and made them my first must-have item of summer, absolutely nothing ranks higher on my list than sunscreen. If you want to keep looking like a hot young thing, this lifesaver should top your list too!


According to the American Academy of Dermatology, 90% of the aging on your face is from damaging UV rays. Bottomline, you need to protect your skin daily. So ... get your shot glass, fill it with sunscreen (that's about the amout needed to cover an average adult), and then slather it on. An upside is that you now have a perfectly acceptable reason to carry a shot glass with you all summer long! ;) 

No comments: